Exercise of the month – Bird Dog
Key Tips: Starting on your hands and knees.
- Take 1 arm and the opposite leg and extend both into a straight line with your upper body.
- Making sure the movement is slow and controlled.
- Lower the arm and leg back down in to the starting position.
- Repeat with the opposing hand and leg.
- Try 10 in total (5 on each side).
- Strengthen the core muscles.
- Stabilize the spin, particularly the Lumbar region of the spin (Lower Back)
- Increased posture control
- Reduce lower back pain
- Increase strength of deltoids (Shoulders)
Your starting position is now with forearms and feet on the floor (Plank position) but replicating the same movement as before. The lower centre of gravity will increase the intensity of the exercise.
Starting from hands and knees, extend and lower 1 arm on its own, followed by the other arm and then each leg separately. Ensuring them movement is still controlled.
Click here to return to Oops! There are no newsletters to display.