Recipe of the Month
For those of you who have been following our recipes each month, you’d know we tried various dishes you can for lunch and dinner as well as desserts. However, we haven’t had a recipe for breakfast. Until today. This month the Kitchen Team wanted to try something most of us haven’t tried yet, the American French Toast!
- 6 Large Eggs.
- 1 ½ cups of heavy cream, half-and-half, or milk.
- 2 tablespoons of pure vanilla extract.
- ½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- Pinch of ground nutmeg.
- Pinch of salt.
- 6 slices of thick bread.
- 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter.
- 4 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- Pure maple syrup.
- Mix together eggs, cream, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in a bowl.
- Place bread in a baking tray and pour the egg mixture over the bread. Let it soak for 10 minutes. Turn over the bread and let it soak for another 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Place a wire rack on a baking sheet. Heat 2 tablespoons of butter and 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil over medium heat. Fry both sides of the bread until golden brown (2-3 minutes per side). Transfer to wire rack; place in oven while cooking remaining bread. Keep in oven until ready to serve with maple syrup and bacon.
This was an interesting dish, during our testing we found it to be an acquired taste. Although, it certainly wasn’t the healthy breakfast it sure can be delicious. So I hope many of you enjoy cooking this one!